Friday, January 27, 2012

Doing It Right

This is a REPOST - I was so disappointed by H&M I had to share.

Here is the link to the original post.

H&M is Awesome


From: Tori LaConsay
Subject: Copyright infringement by H&M
To: Helen@regretsy.com


The East Atlanta Village is one of the most loving, tight-knit neighborhoods I’ve ever known. The residents are like family. On December 14, 2008, I painted a love letter to my neighborhood. The sign was located on the main thoroughfare on Flat Shoals Avenue. On one side of the sign, I painted, “You Look Nice Today” followed by a little heart. This was on the side of the sign that I thought people would see on their way to work. On the other side of the sign (the side I thought people would see the most on their return back to the neighborhood) I painted, “I’m So Happy You’re Here” with another little heart. It was a small gesture that I genuinely hoped would make my neighbors feel good.



A few days ago, friends started sending me links to the H&M UK website. Apparently, H&M were so impressed by my work, that they were using it on pillowcases and doormats, with no credit or compensation.




An email to H&M received the following response:
“We employ an independent team of over 100 designers. We can assure you that this design has not been influenced by your work and that no copyright has been infringed.”
Really?




Here’s a copy of a complaint a friend sent via H&M’s customer service portal. Please note their reply.


Some friends have been posting on H&M’s Facebook page, which is being scrubbed clean of any mention of this incident as quickly as possible.
Except for this statement:

I think it is pretty obvious what H&M have done. I hoped you wouldn’t mind sharing this with your readers.
Thank you,
Tori LaConsay


- H&M on Facebook
- H&M on Twitter
- H&M Customer Service

HEY H&M



- Thanks to Maya on Facebook for the INSPIRATION

UPDATE: From H&M’s Facebook page













No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...